I don’t know about you, but the world of business feels very different to the one I started out in.
Back when I was fresh-faced and starting out in business, there was no Google.
There was no email marketing, or Snapchat, or LinkedIn, or Twitter.
The landscape was entirely different, and consequently so many of the methods that businesses used to generate leads, build brand awareness and make sales were fundamentally different to the way that businesses operate now.
But you know one thing that’s still just as prevalent as it was when I started out over 30 years ago?
I know that because we still do huge volumes of them.
Whether it’s a pen with your brand name and category of one on it, a reusable coffee cup showcasing your brand or a branded golf umbrella, the Expert Branding side of our business is booming.
You know why people are still using promotional products, even in a world where Google controls huge quantities of the advertising spend, Facebook has the world’s most powerful advertising platform and most people just buy everything on Amazon?
Because they work.
They build trust, they create relationships, they build brand awareness and brand loyalty and they ensure that your brand is in peoples’ consciousness, long after they’ve deleted your email, scrolled past your advert or left your exhibition stand.
The British Promotional Merchandise Association did some research on the power of promotional products last year, and here’s just a selection of the statistics:
- 79% of people feel appreciated when they receive a promotional gift from a business
- “Usefulness” is the key criteria when it comes to how well received a promotional product is, so when you’re considering which product to gift or give away, it’s important to think about what your market will find useful.
- 81% of survey respondents had at least two promotional products on their desk (and nearly half had more than four)
In short, when you get promotional products right, they:
- Are retained by your prospects
- Create a sense of appreciation among the people you want to do business with
- Elevate your relationship with your marketplace
- Increase your brand awareness and visibility
As you probably know, our Expert Branding website provides world class promotional products, so if you’re about to re-order some more for a show or general stock, or you want to give them a go for the first time, get in touch.
Just send me an email at email@example.com and I’ll send you one of our promotional products brochures – be sure to let me know the best address to send it to.
Oh, and if you want to have a conversation about which promotional products could be right for you, you know where I am!